- i. Any contract for the supply of Goods or Services from this Website is between you and THE Fairtrade Foundation. You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide is your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
- Goods and Services purchased from this Website are intended for your use only and you warrant that you are acting as principal only and not as agent for another party when receiving the Services.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- PRICES AND PAYMENT
- The total price for Goods or Services ordered, including delivery charges, will be displayed on the Website when you place your order. Full payment must be made before Goods are despatched or Services provided.
- All prices listed on the Website are correct at the time of publication however we reserve the right to alter these in the future. We also reserve the right to alter the Goods or Services available for sale on the Website and to discontinue any product line or service.
- You may be required to pay extra for express delivery and it may not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. If applicable, delivery charges will be confirmed to you before you submit your order to us. With Express Delivery, for an additional £5 plus VAT we guarantee to deliver an order placed before 12pm to any UK mainland address within 1 working day (Monday to Friday excluding Bank holidays) from confirmation of receipt of order. A signature will be required. Prices valid from October 3rd 2013 to 1st January 2016.
- You must pay for your order before it is delivered and you can do so by debit or credit card. To ensure that shopping online is secure, your debit/credit card details will be encrypted to prevent the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the internet. Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the order.
- CANCELLATION BY YOU
- You cannot cancel your contract if:
1.1 the goods that you have ordered are perishable or where the goods are affected by matters of hygiene (e.g. earrings, underwear, etc); or
1.2 you have ordered newspapers or magazines; or
1.3 you have taken any audio or video recording or computer software out of the sealed packaging in which it was or they were delivered to you.
- Save where clause 1 applies, you may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the 7th working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- To cancel your contract you must notify us in writing.
- Where your right to cancel applies, should you receive the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery then you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum paid to us will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
- Nothing in this clause affects our Returns Policy, which does not form part of this contract.
- CANCELLATION BY US
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- we do not deliver to your area; or
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we do cancel your contract we will notify you and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of the date on which you submit your order to us ("the Order Date"). We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- DELIVERY OF GOODS TO YOU
- We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of the Order Date.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk (even though you may still be entitled to cancel the contract under clause 3.i) and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing of the problem within 14 days of the delivery of the goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the Order Date, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing of the problem within 44 days of the Order Date. If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
v.1 to make good any shortage or non delivery;
v.2 to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
v.3 to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business, or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question under Clause 5.v.3 above.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importing or exporting of certain goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase. It is up to you to ensure (a) that we may export the goods in question to you, and (b) that you may import those goods into your own jurisdiction.
- Despite Clauses 5.i to 5.iv above, nothing in these Terms of Sale is intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded, nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or breach of this contract.
i. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms of Sale, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contract address at: Fairtrade Foundation…etc
ii. All notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time or sent to the email address that you provided to us on registration, as appropriate.
- EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
i. We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts, and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accidents.
i. If any part of these Terms of Sale is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these Terms of Sale will not be affected.
- OTHER TERMS
iv. We may alter or vary the Terms and Conditions at any time.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
i. Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
- GOVERNING LAW
i. The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
Use of this site is provided by The Fairtrade Foundation, subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- The Fairtrade Foundation reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to The Fairtrade Foundation are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will the Fairtrade Foundation be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- The Fairtrade Foundation does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from the Fairtrade Foundation. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by the Fairtrade Foundation to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not the Fairtrade Foundation). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- The Fairtrade Foundation takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and the Fairtrade Foundation has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that the Fairtrade Foundation approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
10.These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11.If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.